[plt-scheme] PLT installer doesn't work

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Mar 22 23:23:01 EDT 2008

On Mar 22, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've just got the pre-release installer for Ubuntu.
> Installing in Ubuntu 7.10: [...]

I comitted a fix for the script, and it looks like it works when I try
it.  (Will be available tomorrow if the build goes fine.)  I also made
some other minor improvements like not throwing an error when the
"doc" directory is missing (as it is, when it's the mzscheme
distribution).

This:

>   3 - $HOME/... (/home/pmatos/...)
>   4 - ./... (here)
>   Or enter a different directory prefix to install in.
> > Error: Aborting...

also looks like a problem -- it shouldn't abort like that with no
explanation.  I tried it, and it prints out something like:

  Error: cannot write to "/usr".

Did you not see such an error message?  If so, then it means that the
sh part of the script failed on some random and unexpected error.
I'll be happy to get more details and see what broke if that's the
case.