[plt-scheme] Re: macros and eval

From: Jose Ramirez (jomirez at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 07:05:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Jakub Piotr Cłapa <jpc-ml at zenburn.net> wrote:
>  Have you've checked the examples I posted? The idea is the same but

yes, today (lot of work and I had too leave work early yesterday),
answered the rest of the questions ;-)))

thanks a lot, as of today i have a functioning self-contained
interpreter for "my superset of scheme" (does not sound too humble for
the minimal amount of work that was required ;-))

next thing i'm thinking about (for another project, originally, but it
will fit anywhere where generating s-expressions visually is the goal)
is to create a visual editor/builder for those script files, so that
users wouldn't have to care about syntax, only about the
logic/structure of what they want to do.

probably better than to try to explain what i want to do is to point
to scratch website: http://scratch.mit.edu/
scratch is a visual programming for children written in smalltalk,
shows nicely what i want to do (minus s-expressions ;-))).

probably the easiest way to do it would be to just use drscheme ide
and add a bunch of new "boxes", tried to search this list, but found
nothing specific, so i'll go check out the docs.

but if anybody heard of some work being done in this area or would
have another helpful link, it would be much appreciated.

thanks to all,
 jomirez.