[plt-scheme] process.ss can't find command

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Wed Mar 12 15:59:44 EDT 2008

I don't need the path, so I modified your suggestion;

(system "/bin/sh -c \". /etc/profile;. ~/.profile ;svn commit  -m

Works nicely. (I'm this will work on my linux machine)

Weirdly a 'read'-syle[eof] prompt appears then disappears - without need for

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Mar 12, Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:
>  > Thanks for the tip,
>  >
>  > I've only taken a brief look, but it seems a solution is to run the
>  > config files ~/.profile /etc/profile in my system call. probably by
>  > constructing a string or file to pass to or execute by 'system'
>  You can run "/bin/sh -c \". /etc/profile;/bin/env\"" and parse the
>  results, then use `putenv' to change the mzscheme process's
>  environment accordingly.
>  > They should do no harm, modify path as needed, and work on linux's
>  > and osx transparently (I haven't thought about windows yet)
>  There is no need to do that on linux.  (And windows is the usual mess.)
>  --
>           ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
>                   http://www.barzilay.org/                 Maze is Life!

Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile 079 851 890 45
Project: Making Sense of Information (MaSI)

UCLIC: University College London Interaction Centre

Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP