[plt-scheme] HtDP 12.4.2 Design Recipe Blues

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 2 21:18:34 EST 2008

On Mar 2, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Mark Engelberg wrote:

> Showing your test cases would be helpful, so we can see exactly
> what you've tested.

Good.

> One thing I notice right off the bat is that your function
> insert-everywhere/in-all-words doesn't fulfill the stated contract.
> In particular, the else clause doesn't return a list of words.
> (consing a list of words on to a list of words doesn't yield
> another list of words.  You probably meant to use append.)

BAD PEDAGOGY!

If someone asks for help with HtDP, especially in an attempt to
understand the design recipe in order to empower himself, you don't
give away the solution.

You ask questions -- the questions that the design recipe suggests
for each step and each form of data -- and that's it.

-- Matthias