[plt-scheme] Re: ANN: Instaservlet

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 2 09:50:23 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:

>  It's also interesting to hear that the LRU is working much better
>  than timeouts for you.  Jay did a good job on that one.

Yes.  In our experience the LRU manager scales well under load,
whereas the timeout manager does not.  In fact I would say no site
should go live using the timeout manager.  However, setting up the LRU
manager is somewhat involved, so one of the key benefits of
Instaservlet is it provides a sensible default configuration.
Currently this configuration is not very customisable, but it will be
in the future.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.