[plt-scheme] Re: ANN: Instaservlet

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 2 08:45:07 EST 2008

I believe my announcement for Instaservlet was mostly
incomprehensible.  Belong is a quick summary of what Instaservlet
does, and how it extends Instaweb.

The key problem Instaservlet solves is creating a robust servlet
configuration with as little code as possible.

 - Instaweb configures the web-server to run a user specified servlet

 - Instaservlet builds on Instaweb and additionally configures a servlet
that runs a user specified function

If you use Instaservlet you don't need to write *any* configuration.

The setup Instaservlet uses is one we know from experience is robust
-- it uses the LRU manager, the v2 interface, and has a sensible
default expiry handler.

Hope that clarifies it,
Noel

Posted on the users mailing list.