[plt-scheme] PLanet should indicate which PLT version is required

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 1 22:32:41 EST 2008

My goal for this year is to extend the science collection and the new plot
package I am working on (and to a lesser extent the simulation and inference
collections) into something I am calling schemelab.  Basically, it would
provide (as I said in the previous post) something similar to Python's
numpy, scipy, and matplotlib for analysis, along with a simulation
capability - I also do a fair amount of agent-based simulation in PLT
Scheme.

Any ideas, etc would be welcome.  One thing I don't currently have in the
science collection - and which is critical to the basic structure - is a
good matrix representation/manipulation module.  I've implemented some for
specific analyses I am doing, but they are very inefficient and not nearly
as convenient as what numpy provides for Python.  If anyone can point me to
some good implementations, or provide some ideas, it would be appreciated.

Doug