[plt-scheme] 4.0.1.2-svn26June2008 installed on OpenBSD

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sat Jun 28 17:51:19 EDT 2008

Hi Kyle,
> It's been sometime since I've been able to install a copy of
> PLT (circa Aug, 2007).

Welcome back!

> I was wondering if someone would be
> kind enough to bring me up to date with v4.0.1.2.  When I
> choose `Help Desk', I get a live web browser version.  My
> install was from the `unix source' onto OpenBSD from a tar
> ball download.  Is there still a method to construct a local
> copy of the `Help Desk'?

The help desk is now html based. The index page is:

<install dir>/doc/index.html

and the search page is:

<install dir>/doc/search/index.html?q=

> Also, I note in the doc that R6RS is an available language
> choice, but I only see R5RS and company.  Do we have an R6RS
> implementation, and if so, how do I access it?

I copied the answer from here: <install
dir>/doc/r6rs/Running_Top-Level_Programs.html

You can run DrScheme in module mode and have the first line be:

#!r6rs

So you can do:

#!r6rs
(import (rnrs))