[plt-scheme] if without third argument

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 10:55:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Tamas K Papp <tpapp at princeton.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 07:58:00AM -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
>> R5RS programs and R6RS programs have no intersection, I don't believe,
>> so you'd probably have to choose one of them.
>>
>> Does this help?
>>
>> http://docs.plt-scheme.org/r5rs/index.html
>
> No, not really (see below).
>
> Perhaps I was not clear, so I will try to explain again.  There is a
> program (LAML) that used to work with mzscheme before version 4.  When
> I upgraded to mzscheme, it broke, the first incompatibility I found is
> the nonstandard behavior of "if", there may be others.  Reverting to
> R5RS does not help, because the author used functions available in
> mzscheme but outside the standard (like directory-exists?).
>
> So what I would like is something that makes mzscheme work like the
> standard at least with respect to functions that are in the standard
> (r5rs, r6rs, doesn't matter in the case of this program), _and_ has
> the typical mzscheme extensions that programs use (thinks like
> file-exists?, etc).

You might try the pretty big language in DrScheme.

I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with LAML, but worst comes to worst,
if you're not willing to port it and its authors are also not willing
to port it, v372 should continue to work. I'm sorry that I don't have
the time myself to do that job.

Maybe others on the list will have more positive suggestions...?

Best,
Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.