[plt-scheme] optional arguments in function contracts

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 09:36:45 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Stephen De Gabrielle
<spdegabrielle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry this sounds cranky;
>> I'd advise against anyone using mzlib/contract.
>
> What I mean is; the legacy contract library is useful, but it is
> probably worth the small effort to port your contracts. (changing
> things like 'union' and 'opt->')

I definitely agree that porting is a good idea, but I believe one can
port contracts "as needed" from mzlib/contract to scheme/contract.
Specifically, if you need keywords or want the more uniform syntax. In
general, mzlib/contract fits mzscheme better and scheme/contract fits
scheme better, so when you port a module from mzscheme to scheme,
consider porting its contracts from mzlib/contract to scheme/contract
at the same time.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.