[plt-scheme] R6RS Interoperability

From: Mark Engelberg (mark.engelberg at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 17:25:09 EDT 2008

I don't know if this is already in your plans for requesting funding,
but my top request would be to work on speed optimizations for typed
scheme modules in order to close the performance gap between Scheme
and other statically-typed languages.  I'm starting to actually use
PLT Scheme to get real work done (as opposed to just using it for
educational purposes), and there's nothing I find more frustrating
than writing something in Scheme, and then realizing I need to rewrite
it in some other language for performance reasons.  Of course, many
applications aren't performance-sensitive, but it would be nice if
there were an easy path to higher performance when necessary.

--Mark