[plt-scheme] IE Warnings

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 15:49:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> > IMHO html files is easier to read from a web server (local or
> > remote) rather than a file system.
>
> I know, but a web server has a bunch of other problems.  (Like
> managing another process, or complications from firewalls etc.)

Another possible approach (if you are willing to have a window's specific
solution) is to use chm files - it cleanly gets around all the above issues,
but you might not be able to convert your html files into chm file cleanly.
Of course - if you are willing to consider this one, you are probably
considering hta already.

As far as I can tell, these are fundamentally "deployment problem"s that
you'll run into as long as you are deploying to client machines.  The only
way you can effective remove deployment problems is not to deploy at all.
But that might not fit your requirement.

Otherwise, it's more about which is the least of all evils.

Cheers,
yc