[plt-scheme] Semantics of quote

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 24 09:36:21 EDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> ... but that's exactly an argument
> for wiring the printer to the language, so htdp languages can have the
> algebraic printout/quasi shorthands that can actually work in that
> world.

Nothing is an argument for hard-wiring a specific printer to any
language. LISP got that wrong, big time, and Scheme inherited it and
failed. PLT Scheme separates the two and allows you to plug in your
own printer.

Have you ever worked in a language with a constructor-style printer?
I know Robby and I have a significant amount of experience.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.