[plt-scheme] Re: newbie:howto use package=control.plt&owner=soegaard

From: Larry Evans (cppljevans at suddenlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 16 09:31:59 EDT 2008

On 06/16/08 08:02, Noel Welsh wrote:
> My guess is the package hasn't been updated to PLT 4.  However, the
> for macros in PLT Scheme 4 makes this package fairly redundant.  See:
>
>   http://docs.plt-scheme.org/guide/for.html
>
>> then hit 'Run' I got some error message about modules or something.
>
> Including the full error message in future will allow others to give
> better help.

Sure.  I switched the lang=Module, entered:

     (require (planet "control.scm" ("soegaard" "control.plt" 1 2)))

in the definitions window, and here's the output in the interactions
window after hitting run:

     module-language: only module expressions are allowed in: (require
      (planet "control.scm" ("soegaard" "control.plt" 1 2)))

Is that better?

>> So, I switched language=Module and tried again.  This time I got:
>>
>> Welcome to DrScheme, version 4.0.0.1-svn13jun2008 [3m].
>> Language: Advanced Student custom.
>
> This line suggests you switched to "Advanced Student" instead.

Yes.