[plt-scheme] macro question

From: Dave Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 11 11:39:45 EDT 2008

I'm pretty sure there are a couple such tools for HM languages. I played
with SML.NET a while ago, which IIRC provides incremental type inference
and gives you types of subexpressions when you hover over them. It was
pretty brittle (and slooooow) when last I tried it, but I think it was
just a proof-of-concept.

One of the UI issues is figuring out which subexpression the user wants
type information for when they hover over a position in the program. It
made it pretty frustrating as tiny movements of the mouse would totally
change the feedback I was getting.

Dave