[plt-scheme] plt web server question

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 21:59:03 EDT 2008

Chongkai Zhu wrote:
> Many thanks. Finally I finished it (for now). For anyone interested:
> it is a Scheme REPL through web interface (attached).
>
> I just used HTML textarea to hold information. So it's pretty simple:
> only pure text is allowed, and I don't know for now how to (by using
> javascript) to control the scrolling in the textarea. If anyone is
> interested in puting more fancy Javacript into it to make it feel more
> like DrScheme, feel free to do so.
That is neat but if I type enough enough expressions are printed in the
upper window and I try to scroll down after about half a second the
scrollbar will reset to the top rendering the system mostly unuseable
after inputting about 7 expressions. Firefox 2.0.0.14. I briefly looked
at the javascript you used but I'm not sure what the issue is.

Posted on the users mailing list.