[plt-scheme] plt web server question

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 12:31:26 EDT 2008

What Noel see is pretty much what I see form my computer.

If I use

(textarea ([rows "5"]
                                           [cols "50"]
                                           [name "readtext"]
                                           [id "readtext"]))

in my code, I got the entire rest source of the HTML code in the textarea. As Henk mentioned, the HTML code looks like <textarea /> in Firefox.

So I changed my code to

(textarea ([rows "5"]
                                           [cols "50"]
                                           [name "readtext"]
                                           [id "readtext"])
                                          "\n")

And then at lease the page looks correct in Firefox, as the HTML code is

<textarea ...>
</textarea>

My real problem is why PLT web server reports error messages, and the
"make-response/full" is never correctly received at the browser side.
That's why I'm asking question here.

Thanks,
Chongkai

Henk Boom wrote:
> 2008/6/10 Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com>:
>
>> I ran the servlet w/ Instaweb (code below) and observe the following behaviour:
>>
>> There is a textarea with the following text:
>>
>>  Welcome to MzScheme web interface
>>
>> followed by the entire text of the HTML document.
>>

> Use view source to check what's actually going on. If I remember
> correctly I had trouble with Firefox doing that when I closed the
> textarea tag using the shorthand <textarea /> notation.
>
>     Henk

Posted on the users mailing list.