[plt-scheme] Fwd: Revenue-neutral Adjustment for Functional Programming

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 9 21:14:06 EDT 2008

The ACM Curriculum board has agreed to consider a proposal on
including FP as an equal to OOP (10 "hours" each) in the standard
curriculum.

Please consider contributing comments to the web site. A simple "Yes,
I think this is a great idea" will be helpful.

Thanks -- Matthias

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Larry Snyder <snyder at CS.WASHINGTON.EDU>
> Date: June 9, 2008 6:58:43 PM EDT
> To: PL-CURRC-WKSHP-INVITEES at LISTSERV.ACM.ORG
> Subject: Revenue-neutral Adjustment for Functional Programming
>
> Colleagues:
>
> The ACM Education Board accepted our last minute input for adding
> Functional Programming to the core of the revised CC2001-CS
> curriculum, has posted our proposed changes on it's Web site
>
> http://wiki.acm.org/cs2001/index.php?title=SIGPLAN_Proposal
>
> and invited comments. Feel free to endorse our "revenue neutral"
> workshop motion. (I quickly wrote the text in support of this for
> use by the Ed Board, not expecting it to be included in the
> posting; so apologies if I missed points or messed them up.)
> Accordingly, crisp arguments for this change will doubtless be
> helpful. -- LS

Posted on the users mailing list.