[plt-scheme] meta-topic: responding on plt-scheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 9 11:30:03 EDT 2008

Someone wrote:

> Sometimes I cannot refrain from answering questions posted on the
> PLT list. Of course I do not respond when not being asbsolutely
> sure about being correct. Nevertheless I wonder what you and and
> more generallay the PLT team as a whole think about a user like me
> answering questions of other users. I am not sure which etiquette
> is in charge in this respect.

Just in case others are wondering, I am answering in public.

BY ALL MEANS, respond! Quick responses to questions are the whole
point of a mailing list. Even a partially correct answer is useful to
the questioner AND the core team. We can tell from such partial
answers where we need to improve docs, the language, the environment,
the tools, etc.

Thanks to everyone who answers questions on plt-scheme. If I had
rewards, I'd assign reward points, just like airlines. (Of course
those are useless too these days.) Since I don't, a heartfelt 'thank
you' to everyone.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.