[plt-scheme] macro question

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 7 20:01:33 EDT 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Michael Vanier wrote:

> Completely off-topic, I have to say that I am really keen on the
> idea of typed Scheme (which I haven't used yet, though I've read
> the paper).  I found that about 90% of the bugs in my code were
> stupid type errors.  Contracts would probably have helped a lot too.

1. Typed Scheme will be released as a part of 4.0 so you can play
with it as you wish.

2. I consider it a nothing but an unfounded rumor that significant
errors are discovered with type systems. I wouldn't conduct this
research if finding typo-level errors were the only benefit of types.
Basic unit testing exposes even more of these typo-level bugs, plus
some significant ones.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.