[plt-scheme] PLT v 4.0 discussion - planet browser

From: Mark Engelberg (mark.engelberg at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 6 00:49:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> Now having said that, I think that *you* are in a perfect position to take
> on the two tasks and develop this software. I know the guy who trained you
> in the first course and the other one who had you in the second semester,
> and I think they got you started in the right direction :-)  This is also an
> effort where getting a non-core member to get this started is just the right
> thing. Also, you don't have to do it all by yourself. You could coordinate
> the efforts of others on this list. This is especially true for the data
> structures proposal, where it takes an API designer/coordinator and several
> implementors. Last but not least, neither of these tasks is on a critical
> path so delays and hick-ups won't kill anyone.
> How about it? -- Matthias

As with most things, it's all about time.  I'm more interested in
working on the data structures library, but if Eli's got a "generic
function" framework in development that will improve the ease and
elegance of separating interfaces from implementation, I'll wait until
that's done before thinking seriously about it.

Posted on the users mailing list.