[plt-scheme] PLaneT messing up docs

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 17:23:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> wrote:

> Does the planet packager warn if there are directories like 'doc' or
> 'compiled' in the directory that it is packaging?

Personally, I wouldn't want it to -- having those directories is the
normal state of things.  I build packages from the directory I've been
developing in, so that I know I'm building what I've been testing.
That directory is a development link, meaning it has compiled/ and
doc/ subdirectories, not to mention emacs backup files and all sorts
of other temporary stuff.  I consider it a feature that Planet
gracefully skips those for me in the packaging stage -- I don't have
to copy my tree for packaging, and users don't get all my "metadata".

Perhaps setup-plt could check for unnecessary files when updating
compiled/ and doc/ and issue a warning at that stage, so if you start
putting source in doc/ you'll get a warning or error when you try to
build it.

--
Carl Eastlund