[plt-scheme] Adding primitive c procedure

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 29 13:18:38 EDT 2008

At Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:00:54 +0200, "Erlend Lorentzen" wrote:
> I'm considering switching to CGC since performance is a low priority in this
> case and sicne it will be easier to implement. My only hesitation is whether
> CGC is as future proof as 3m?

Yes, I expect that CGC will always be an option.

One reason is that the build process for MzScheme3m relies on running
MzSchemeCGC. Another reason is that CGC is sometimes good enough, and
it's usually easier to embed than 3m (as in your application). Even
when CGC isn't good enough in the long run, it's often a good warm-up.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.