[plt-scheme] Re: compile: bad syntax; function application is not allowed

From: wooks (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 19:03:35 EDT 2008

On Jul 21, 7:21 am, Matthew Flatt <mfl... at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:32:16 -0700 (PDT), Scott Brown wrote:
>
> > When I try to load one file in another file using PLT Scheme 4 like this
> > (load "sicp2.scm") I get the following error:
>
> > "sicp2.scm:1:0: compile: bad syntax; function application is not allowed,
> > because no #%app syntax transformer is bound in"
>
> > How can I fix this?
>
> The code that calls `load' is in a module, right?
>
> See
>
>  http://docs.plt-scheme.org/guide/eval.html#(part._namespaces)
>
>  http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-July/025652.html
>  http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-July/025704.html

I am getting the same problem, but I am not trying to load anything or
use namespaces.
My code maps eval to procedures created on the fly. I have traced it
with display statement - it  successfully completes a number of cycles
of the code and crashes with this error.

Posted on the users mailing list.