[plt-scheme] hash tables

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jul 15 17:01:38 EDT 2008

On Jul 15, Ivanyi Peter wrote:
> Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> írta:
>
> > Use #lang scheme.  The mzscheme language uses the old names.
>
> Thanks for every answer. However if I use the scheme language then
> the if statement becomes "strange", as it says that the if statement
> must have an else part. (As I remember that was not a requirement in
> R5RS.)

It was not.  However, `if' statements with no `else' part are
strange.  They're very different than those with an `else' part
because the latter can be use for its value and the former is used
only for side-effects.

So only proper `if's are allowed in the `scheme' language -- use
`when' and `unless' when you want a single sided conditional.

> So...  As I understand if I use
>
> (module something mzscheme
>
> then I can have the old name. Has this approach (using the mzscheme
> language) any drawback in version 402?

BTW, getting the old behavior is easy:

  (define-syntax old-if
    (syntax-rules ()