[plt-scheme] s-exp and custom reader

From: Anton Tayanovskyy (anton.tayanovskyy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 16:13:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry, your URL
http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-June/025184.htm is
giving me 404 Not Found.

From the manual:

A sequence #lang 〈name〉 is equivalent to #reader 〈name〉/lang/reader

http://docs.plt-scheme.org/reference/reader.html#(part._parse-reader)

So you can use #lang instead of #reader.

#lang s-exp

must mean

#reader s-exp/lang/reader

Not sure what your exact problem is, but I guess you can always hack
the s-exp/lang/reader.ss module to suit your needs, making, for
instance, a my-s-exp/lang/reader.ss module. Here is its source (my
installation is outdated, 4.0.0):

(module reader scheme/base

  (provide (rename-out [*read read]
                       [*read-syntax read-syntax]))

  (define (*read in)
    (wrap in read))

  (define (*read-syntax src in)
    (wrap in (lambda (in)
               (read-syntax src in))))

  (define (wrap port read)
    (let ([body
           (let loop ([a null])
             (let ([v (read port)])
               (if (eof-object? v)
                   (reverse a)
                   (loop (cons v a)))))])
      (let* ([p-name (object-name port)]
             [name (if (path? p-name)
                       (let-values ([(base name dir?) (split-path p-name)])
                         (string->symbol (path->string
(path-replace-suffix name #""))))
                       'page)]
             [id 'doc])