[plt-scheme] Self evaluating "objects"

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 10:55:58 EDT 2008

There are environments and environments. A scheme report environment has
nothing to do with the environment that is catched by a procedure in as
construct like
(let ((var expr) ...) (lambda (arg ...) expr)))
and the environment that is used by eval. In PLT the scheme report
environments are called namespaces. As far as I know there is no way of
catching the LOCAL environment of the above lambda form. Or may be there is:
making a syntax that cashes the origin of its calls and making eval a syntax
that uses the cached origin to expand the expression to be evaluated (not
trivial though). But I cannot find any reason to prepare such tools.
Jos