[plt-scheme] Re: boolean operators on integers

From: Yavuz Arkun (yarkun at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 12 21:38:18 EDT 2008

It seems not just NOT operation but also AND and OR can be replaced
with arithmetic operations when #t and #f are represented by 1 and 0.
AND is multiplication, and OR is addition (modulo 1).

And if memory serves right, the proof of Godel's incompleteness
theorem involved encoding statements themselves into integers. You
could say that this method turns one type (the statements) into
another type (numbers), and unifies them.

How come computer scientists obsess about segregating things into ever
finer types when all the other sciences are really about finding
unifying themes that brings together apparently disparate phenomena?
;)
--Yavuz