[plt-scheme] Some suggestions for DrScheme

From: Robert Matovinovic (robert.matovinovic at web.de)
Date: Wed Jul 9 03:12:17 EDT 2008

Hi,
One of my favorite buttons in DrScheme is the (define ...) button. It saves
me a lot of time. I mostly use it in the sort by name mode and would really
like DrScheme to remember this setting as a preference because I have to
change it in every window I open and every time I start DrScheme.

I also love the debugger even more since you added the Stack and variable
frames. But I find the frames a bit narrow at times which reduces
readability for long names. So I thought it might be an idea to have an
option to put them on the bottom of the window like where the find and
replace frames are docked. Another idea would be to make the definitions
frame border movable.

Besides that it feels a bit confusing that one don't find a button to quit
the debugger. So far I usually edit the definitions window to make it
disappear. Perhaps the Debug button could change to Stop Debug after the
debugger has started and return to the normal view after being pressed.

As I hope you see, these are just suggestions to make usage of DrScheme even
smoother as it already is, but I think worth telling you.

Robert

Robert Matovinovic
Wintererstr. 61
79104 Freiburg