[plt-scheme] word completion for module based languages

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 2 09:48:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Robert Matovinovic
<robert.matovinovic at web.de> wrote:
>>Why do you care to evaluate only a selection?
>
> Well, it is something people using the current editor for the simulation
> software got used to. So I want to make transition as convenient as
> possible.

Did you consider making that connection custodian sensitive? I think
we briefly discussed this earlier (and that's not my area of
expertise) but it sounds like something to revisit.

>>As far as the connection goes, that seems like something that you want to
> do in the on-execute callback of your language instead. That way it won't
> happen for other languages.
>
> As far as I understand on-execute it wouldn't give me the possibility to
> close down the connection after execution, which I like to do for stability
> of communication.

Does this imply that you do not use the REPL?

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.