[plt-scheme] The historical role/value of set-car! and set-cdr!

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 04:50:37 EST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 10:44 PM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> This question doesn't seem all that specific to programming. :)

Agreed.  What little I've read of the skill acquisition literature
suggests i) the main determinant of skill is practice time and ii)
improvement is logarithmic with time.  I don't see any reason
programming would differ.

Discipline certainly is a choice, that once chosen becomes a habit.
It is difficult to start but it's the easiest thing in the world to
keep a habit going.

I sometimes think my worst students are my most disciplined -- the
effort they put into avoiding work can be truly phenomenal. :)

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.