[plt-scheme] The role of contracts in the maintenance and ongoing development of DrScheme

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 25 08:23:55 EST 2008

I guess you're getting at something deeper here, but their role is to
add additional, checked specifications to the program (with proper
blame assignment, natch) so we know when something has gone wrong
sooner, rather than later. This makes it easier to fix, etc.

Maybe you want to read this:

  http://pre.plt-scheme.org/docs/html/guide/contracts.html

(part of the new documentation we're working on).

Robby