[plt-scheme] Syntax for Maximum Number

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 23 10:22:50 EST 2008

Try to guess! From what you have read so far and from the place that
Robby pointed you to, the following is obvious

  > ( ????    2  88)

if you want to determine the maximum of the numbers 2 and 88. What
you need to guess is ????. I propose trying the following in the
Interactions window:

  maximum ;; kind of long
  m ;; kind of short
  max ;; feels kind of right
  largest ;; would make sense but is long and doesn't look math-y enough

and I bet you can come up with a few of your own.

When you're done with max, I propose guessing how to find the sine,
cosine, tangent, addition, exponent, and a few others that you might
just need to program.

If all else fails, you could also open Help Desk (under the usual
menu) and look for the syntax or grammar of the HtDP teaching
languages. (Note: HtDP doesn't teach Scheme.)

That's what the Interactions WIndow (aka Read-Eval-Print Loop) is
for. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions but be
prepared that answers from here force you to empower yourself. They
wont be straightfaced answers.

-- Matthias