[plt-scheme] Darn: 372 and 3.99.0.9 core dumping on FreeBSD again...

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 22 21:05:22 EST 2008

At Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:07:21 +1100, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> Things were going so well for a while, but now mred/drscheme are
> crashing at startup for both release and subversion versions.  I
> suspect the wx libraries, because mzscheme [3m] appears to be
> working perfectly well without the GUI.

Andrew tracked down a GC bug where malloc()ed memory wasn't zeroed out.
See PR 9161 for more details; I've gratefully applied his patch in SVN
for both the trunk and the v3 branch.

The bug wasn't actually specific to FreeBSD or MrEd. It was a bug in
the 3m GC for all platforms.

Thanks, Andrew!

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.