[plt-scheme] Making a distribution in 372

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Thu Jan 17 13:49:05 EST 2008

Hi,

I've got an app that is almost ready for final packaging and
distribution on OS X, but I don't know how to distribute it. It *must*
be a self-contained bundle, including any dependencies on shared
libraries. It must also include any Planet archives (may not need to
download them at the target machine).

I know from a previous hint how to include dynamic libraries, but
wonder about a few other things:

1.) File types: right now, the machine-dependent standalone app
doesn't recognize its own files. I have installed an application-file-
handler, but this only seems to work when a document window is already
open, it doesn't open the file when it is double-clicked from the
Finder. Drag & drop of the file on the .app bundle doesn't work either.

2.) Application file icons: Is there a way to programmatically set the
path to a .icns to be used as the file icons of application documents?

3.) Executable bundle icon: Is there a way to programmatically set the
path to an .icns to be used as the application icon?

4.) It worked in an earlier version of my app, but now making a
distribution in DrScheme yields (Plt v 372):

cadr: expects argument of type <cadrable value>; given >prcurrent-
module-name-prefix=pMcurrent-directoryLfind-system-pathAtableIrUnTiMe-
pathsAequal>gcc

  === context ===
/Applications/PLT Scheme v372/collects/compiler/distribute.ss:369:4:
loop
loop

Any idea what may cause this?

5.) I guess I need to use create-embedding-executable to make my own
customized distribution. Does someone have a sample of how to use this
function?

Best,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.