[plt-scheme] Re: A segmentation fault on OS X Intel

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 16:11:59 EST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 7:32 PM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know enough about the internals to know whether i) the BLAS
> routines are indeed using SSE (though they really should) and ii) if
> I'm looking at the right ABI (perhaps it should be the 64-bit one?)
> I'll do a bit more digging.

I can't find any mention that the BLAS routines use SSE (or any other
SIMD extensions).  In fact the header file suggests they don't.

The 64-bit ABI requires 8-byte alignment, but I cannot find any
mention that 8-byte alignment is required for 32-bit code.  In fact
the docs explicitly state this is not the case.

So I currently have no idea why the BLAS code would fail without
8-byte alignment.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.