[plt-scheme] A segmentation fault on OS X Intel

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 16:53:55 EST 2008

Hello,

I have some code that reliably causes a segmentation fault on OS X
Intel, whilst running fine on Linux (and IIRC OS X PPC, but it has
been some time).  I get a segmentation fault in 372.1 and 3.99.0.9.  I
tried without the JIT (3.99.0.9) and got a segmentation fault.  I
attached gdb and got:

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: 13 at address: 0x00000000
0x93219e76 in dp1dpTb0_N_41dpTb0 ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x93219e76 in dp1dpTb0_N_41dpTb0 ()
#1  0x03edb638 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x14

I'll note that this code uses Will Farr's BLAS bindings, so the fault
could be there.

At this point in time I can work around the problem, as my development
concentrates on a different aspect of the system but I thought someone
else (i.e. Matthew) might want to know about this. I haven't been able
to narrow down the problem beyond a particular test case as debugging
statements don't print before the segmentation fault, but I'm open to
suggestions to chop it down.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.