[plt-scheme] Slime-like documentation

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 10 08:57:14 EST 2008

At Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:45:26 +0000, Filipe Cabecinhas wrote:
> No. That completes the current word. I'm talking about documentation
> that appears after you've written the word.
> You would write "(foo " (space included) and Dr. Scheme would show
> what arguments 'foo would take. For instance:
>
> "(define foo (a b c) 42)"
>
> Then, in the interactions window (or the definitions window, if you
> had eval'ed the definition), when you write "(foo ", Dr. Scheme would
> show (somewhere) "(foo a b c)" (and possibly highlight the a).

Basing the information on what has been evaluated seems fragile to me.
I imagine that the tool will work better working from static and
lexical sources, such as the documentation and the program text (which
is accessible via the plug-in tool interface).

Still, through the plug-in tool interface, you can grab the program's
namespace and inspect its bindings through functions like
`namespace-variable-value'.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.