[plt-scheme] Bundling .dylib with a MrEd executable on OS X

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Tue Jan 8 05:03:56 EST 2008

Hi,

I'd like to deploy (not now, but sooner than later) a MrEd application
on OS X that accesses several dynamic libraries via FFI. As it is
intended to be an up-and-running end-user application, it's not an
option to build the shared libraries from source on each target
system. Ideally, they should be bundled into the OS X application
bundle. So here are my questions:

1.) Is it possible to put a dynamic library into the MrEd .app bundle
on OS X such that the FFI loads this library (even if a corresponding
shared library is already installed system- or user-wide on the target
system)?

2.) If yes to 1, can the FFI be changed globally to load all or
specific libraries from the application bundle or do I need to
manually hack each Scheme library/module that uses the FFI?

Or is this even easier and there is a relative path in the bundle that
has priority over system libraries? I didn't find any reliable
information about this on the Net, perhaps I was using the wrong
search terms.

Best regards,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.