[plt-scheme] DrScheme startup image question

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Jan 7 13:15:48 EST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 7:10 AM, Robby Findler wrote:

> There is a flat one that is an svg (originally created by tracing a
> lambda character and making Scheme code, which still exists), but the
> roundish one is only an image. For more:
>
>  http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~robby/logos/
>
> Robby
>
> On Jan 2, 2008 8:19 AM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 2, 2008 2:00 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
>>> When DrScheme starts up the PLT logo appears in the splash screen.
>>> It
>>> is a lambda that is red, white and blue. That same image appears in
>>> the window titlebar and the taskbar, on Windows.
>>>
>>> How is that image created? Was it an svg?
>>
>> I believe it was rendered by Scheme code, but I could be wrong.

Not really.  The curve for the lambda was generated by Krishnamurthi,
Flatt, & Findler (IIRC).  I mapped it onto a 3d shape, and then
rendered it with ...  hmm, can't even remember the name of that open-
source renderer.  Ah well. Eli worked on it later, as well, getting it
to a higher resolution and state of polish.

John Clements