[plt-scheme] A Quick, Unscientific 3.99.0.9 Benchmark

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 5 16:05:19 EST 2008

At Sat, 5 Jan 2008 12:05:34 -0700, "Doug Williams" wrote:
> There was also a recurrence of the old problem of an occasional negative cpu
> time reading from the time function.  I left the output in the raw numbers
> so you could see it, but didn't use it in the analysis.  I thought this had
> been fixed a long time ago, but I may be mistaken.

No, it's never been fixed. I've never even had an idea of what might be
wrong.

It occurs to me, though, that getrusage() is a system call. Maybe it
can be interruped by a signal? The man page doesn't suggest that
possibility, but I've now wrapped the call with the usual EINTR loop,
just in case.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.