[plt-scheme] gui text field alignment and spacing under windows xp

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 3 07:53:30 EST 2008

At Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:32:27 +0100, "Robert Matovinovic" wrote:
> some time ago I mentioned building guis I'm wondering about the alignment of
> a text field for example. Label text and text of the text field are not on
> the same base line. The space between the label and the field is very
> narrow. I just installed 3.99.0.8-svn2jan2008 [3m] and found the same
> behaviour (example attached). Did the fix in SNV didn't do the trick? Or is
> there something else?

I dropped the ball on this one. I remember fixing the baseline
alignment, and I remember thinking that I should consult a GUI guide to
learn about the right amount of space to put between a label and a text
field. But I never followed up on that.

It's back on my to-do list.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.