[plt-scheme] Does SRFI-27 specify repeatable PRNGs?

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Wed Jan 2 11:49:33 EST 2008

Hi,

Sorry, I know this is a bit off-topic, but perhaps someone here has
already stumbled across the answer. I'm looking for a good PRNG that
is portable, but it needs to be one that allows me to get exactly the
same PRN sequence from the same seed.

Can I use SRFI-27 for that purpose or does it only specify the
interface to possibly different PRNGs that might produce different
sequences?

How about the built-in generator of MzScheme, might it change in
future or is it part of the specs that it won't change under the hood?

Best,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.