[plt-scheme] A question about DrScheme window resizing behavior

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 1 15:50:17 EST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 2:33 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2008 11:01 AM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > Well, I've checked in (to SVN) something so that the name message in
> > the upper-left of the window is at most 200 pixels wide (which should
> > be wide enough for ordinary names, I hope).
>
> Would it be a simple drop-in for me to patch the 372 tag with this change?

I'm not sure, but the change I did was simple. The functionality was
already there for the language name popup at the bottom left of the
drscheme window, but I'm not sure when I added that. It is possible it
was before the v4 branch, I'm not sure.

> Did you commit more than just the 200px restriction feature in the
> revision 8176 to trunk?

I also fixed a bug with very large labels. You just need the two lines
with the +s in collects/drscheme/private/unit.ss:

         (set! name-message (new drs-name-message% [parent name-panel]))
+        (send name-message stretchable-width #t)
+        (send name-message set-allow-shrinking 200)

assuming that name-message has a set-allow-shrinking method (that
change is larger).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.