[plt-scheme] redefinition in module

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 29 17:21:47 EST 2008

That's the way it works now, but the "language" position of a module
could be special. I'm not yet sure it's a good change, but I'm starting
to like Jos's idea.

With Jos's change, the module level would have a little more of the
oddness of internal definitions for certain cases. For example,

  (define define 5)

would be parsed as a definition that shadows further uses of `define',
but that doesn't affect the ones already expanded. In other words, a
programmer would have to reason about the order of expansion in a
module body to predict some bindings --- but that's already true in
cases that are less strange that defining `define'.

Changing the implementation is a little tedious, but it doesn't look
too difficult. I'll have to try it out and see whether I'm overlooking
a more serious problem.

Matthew