[plt-scheme] Compile MzScheme to use OS threads

From: Pinku Surana (suranap at hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 12:39:46 EST 2008

Nevermind. I just found the answer in the mail archive. There's no multiprocessor support.

From: suranap at hotmail.comTo: plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.eduDate: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:29:51 -0500Subject: [plt-scheme] Compile MzScheme to use OS threads

In "Inside PLT MzScheme", it says MzScheme is basically a singlethreaded runtime. But way back in version 103p, it says: "On a fewplatforms, including Windows, Solaris, and Linux, MzScheme can becompiled to map each Scheme thread to a separate operating systemthread. The advantage of the OS-thread configuration is that differentScheme threads can take advantage of different processors on a multi-processor machine."  That's what I want. Has support for this been removed, or is it still possible to compilemzscheme to use OS threads? How? I compiled with pthreads, but thatdidn't appear to work.Thanks.

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!