[plt-scheme] Attaching compile-time information to structure types

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 12:48:32 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have another macrological question,related to but separate from my
last one about my SQL wrapper.

I have a macro, define-persistent-struct, that defines a struct that
can be serialized to a database. define-persistent-struct basically
works like define-struct, except it creates a few more variables. For
example:

     (define-persistent-struct person ([name type:string] [age
type:integer]))

would define all the things that define-struct would defined:

     person, struct:person, make-person, person?, person-age, person-
name and so on...

plus some metadata that gets attached via a property:

    entity:person, attr:person-age, attr:person-name ...

I'd like to attach some extra compile-time information to person so I
can retrieve the bindings for entity:person and attr:whatever in macros.

I hacked something up by subtyping struct-info from scheme/private/
struct-info.ss and adding extra fields to it. This works for the most
part, but it is obviously not the recommended approach as
struct:struct-info isn't provided from struct-info.ss. I've also had
problems using scheme/match in certain cases.

Thanks in advance,

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.