[plt-scheme] testing scrbl work-in-progress in local svn area

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sun Feb 10 00:55:20 EST 2008

Eli,

On Feb 9, 2008, at 22:42, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> or perhaps this is your own svn repository?

Yes.

> If it's the latter, then you can run setup-plt with PLTCOLLECTS
> pointing at your own directory, for example
>  PLTCOLLECTS=":/Users/gknauth/test/plt/collects" setup-plt

I tried that, with one small change (extra plt in my dev-path):

   PLTCOLLECTS=":/Users/gknauth/test/plt/plt/collects" setup-plt

I discovered a few things before I got things to work.

I had been working in:
   ~/test/plt/plt/collects/parser-tools
porting doc.txt to doc/manual.ss and doc/info.ss

When I ran setup-plt your way, I noticed all the .scrbl files that
were processed were either in (a) or (b):
(a) collects/module-name/module-name.scrbl
(b) collects/scribblings/module-name/module-name.scrbl

and they were ALL in /usr/local/plt, not in my dev directory.
If I wanted my new scribblings to be recognized, I had to do this:

NEW=/Users/gknauth/test/plt/plt/collects/scribblings
INST=/usr/local/plt/collects/scribblings
rsync -az $NEW/parser-tools $INST/
PLTCOLLECTS=":/Users/gknauth/test/plt/plt/collects" setup-plt

Probably at that point a setup-plt w/o PLTCOLLECTS would have worked
too, since setting PLTCOLLECTS didn't cause my dev-tree changes to get
picked up.

Anyway, I have something working, thanks for the help.

I'd like to confirm that putting .scrbl files in (a) or (b) as shown
above is current accepted practice?

Geoffrey

Posted on the users mailing list.