[plt-scheme] v4 language levels

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 2 16:47:37 EST 2008

The language<%> is meant to be DrScheme's interface to a language.
We've been slowly pushing aspects of the specification of a language
into the program and out of DrScheme (a good thing, imo), but the
language<%> interface won't disappear completely.

Specifically, if you use the Module language in DrScheme, then you're
best positioned to be working with programs that begin "#lang ...".

As far as the teaching languages go, we've not completely come a
consensus yet. It may end up being the case that setting a teaching
language in the GUI amounts to an implicit "#lang" at the beginning of
the file, but I'm not sure that's clear yet.

Robby