[plt-scheme] query mysql from scheme

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 22 18:49:41 EST 2008

Sigrid Keydana wrote:
> - the mysqlclient.ss from riverbot, which I don't know will work with
> PLT 4?

Geoffrey Knauth was using the library a year ago with 3.99.0.2, so it
may be possible (Geoff may also have improvements to the code, which I
haven't touched in 5 years).  You'll likely need to tweak the
mysqlclient code for v4 and whatever version of MySQL you're using.

> My requirements regarding sql queries are very humble, just simple
> selects and updates, and I'd like to use PLT 4, not 3, to get used to
> the changes (which don't seem too trivial if you're still a scheme
> beginner...)
>
> I'd be grateful for a hint which might be the easiest/stablest/most
> "out-of-the-box" way to use mysql in scheme, as this is only a marginal
> (but inevitable) part of the application.

You could try using the Foreign interface to make calls to the mysql
library.  (It wasn't around when I wrote mysqlclient.ss).

David

Posted on the users mailing list.